Welcome to my new recipe blog where you will find daily, weekly, monthly posts of recipes. Feel free to comment, I would love to hear from you. Grab a cup of coffee. Sit back, relax and enjoy the aroma! Thanks for stopping by!
Josie

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Blackberry French Toast

I made this last week for my MOPS group. It turned out so good, and I wanted to share it with you. I just don't have a picture to show you how wonderful it looks, but believe me and a few other ladies it was GREAT!!

1 cup blackberry jam
1 loaf of french bread loaf, cut into 1 inch cubes
6 ounces of fresh blackberries
1 package (8 ounces) of cream cheese, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
4 medium eggs
2 cups of half and half
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar

Take small saucepan and pour blackberry jam and fresh blackberries in pot. Cook over medium heat for about 1-2 minutes until jam is melted and fresh berries start to separate.

Place half of the bread cubes in bottom of 9X9 square baker pan that is lightly sprayed with cooking oil. Top with cream cheese cubes just spread them all over the top of the bread. Drizzle jam sauce over top of the bread. Top with remaining bread cubes. Whisk together eggs and next 3 ingredients. Pour over bread mixture. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Cover tightly, and chill for about 8 to 10 hours.

Next morning, preheat oven to 350. Bake covered, for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake for about 10-15 minutes or until bread is golden brown and mixture is set. Take out of oven drizzle with maple syrup. Serve with whipped cream if desired.


0 comments:

View my Tasty Kitchen Profile

Meet the Cook

Hello my name is Josie, and I love to entertain. I love to get a recipe that I've never tried change it up a bit and serve it to family or a group of friends. I hope you enjoy what you discover here at Table Talk. Enjoy!!

Vistors

Site designed by Josie-all rights reserved. Please do not copy without permission.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP