Welcome to my new recipe blog where you will find daily, weekly, monthly posts of recipes. Feel free to comment, I would love to hear from you. Grab a cup of coffee. Sit back, relax and enjoy the aroma! Thanks for stopping by!
Josie

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Cherry-Pecan Stuffing

This is a must in our house for Thanksgiving dinner. It goes great with chicken as well. The other day I decided that I would make it and let everyone have the recipe just in time for Thanksgiving dinner. Stay tune in the next few days for a yummy sweet potato pie recipe. In the next few weeks here I'm going to try to share all my yummy Thanksgiving dishes for you. Enjoy


Cherry-Pecan Stuffing

Ingredients
3/4 cup chopped onion
3/4 cup butter
3 tbs. chicken broth
3/4 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp. paprika
3/4 tsp. thyme
1/4 tsp pepper
6 cups soft bread cubes
1-1/2 cups sliced celery
1 cup dried cherries
3/4 cups chopped pecans
1 cup chicken broth


In a medium skillet, cook onion in butter till tender but not brown. Stir in broth, salt, paprika, thyme, and pepper. Transfer the ingredients to a large bowl. Add bread cubes(I just take wheat bread and cut into cubes), celery, cherries, and pecans, toss to mix well. Drizzle with the chicken broth, toss. Put in 9X13 pan bake at 350 for about 35 to 40 minutes or until crispy on top. At Thanksgiving time I stuff the turkey with it then bake remaining stuffing.

Photobucket

0 comments:

View my Tasty Kitchen Profile

Meet the Cook

Hello my name is Josie, and I love to entertain. I love to get a recipe that I've never tried change it up a bit and serve it to family or a group of friends. I hope you enjoy what you discover here at Table Talk. Enjoy!!

Vistors

Site designed by Josie-all rights reserved. Please do not copy without permission.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP