Welcome to my new recipe blog where you will find daily, weekly, monthly posts of recipes. Feel free to comment, I would love to hear from you. Grab a cup of coffee. Sit back, relax and enjoy the aroma! Thanks for stopping by!
Josie

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Butternut Squash

Joe HATES squash. I'm serious. I've made it several different ways and he just doesn't like it. Tonight I made it for tomorrow's dinner and yes its another PW's recipe. I couldn't help it,she has some fabulous recipes this year for Thanksgiving. But anyways, when Joe came home tonight. I gave him a spoon full of cranberry sauce to taste because that's one of his favorites then I slide the squash in.lol..He said immediately that is good. I said "do you know what it is"? He respond yes, "its like Squash Fluff".lol.....So if you don't like squash this is a must try. Don't squash it you might like it.lol...Ok its way too late. Happy Thanksgiving!! Have a great day!


Photobucket

Ingredients

* 1 whole Butternut Squash
* 2 Tablespoons (to 4 Tablespoons) Maple Syrup
* ½ sticks Butter
* 1 dash(es) Salt

Preparation Instructions

Start by slicing one butternut squash clean in half. Scrape out the seed and membranes with a spoon. Place both halves, face down, on a baking sheet and pour a little water into the pan, about a cup. Bake in a 350-degree oven for about 30 minutes or until the squash is fork tender. Remove from the oven.

Cut ½ stick of butter into pieces and throw into a mixing bowl. With a spoon, begin scraping out the flesh of the squash from the skin and place in the bowl on top of the butter. Don’t miss a scrap of it!

Add 2 to 4 tablespoons of pure maple syrup. With a potato masher, mash the squash until the large chunks are gone. Add a dash of salt. Place this mixture into your blender or food processor and give it a whir until it’s pureed.

0 comments:

View my Tasty Kitchen Profile

Meet the Cook

Hello my name is Josie, and I love to entertain. I love to get a recipe that I've never tried change it up a bit and serve it to family or a group of friends. I hope you enjoy what you discover here at Table Talk. Enjoy!!

Vistors

Site designed by Josie-all rights reserved. Please do not copy without permission.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP