Welcome to my new recipe blog where you will find daily, weekly, monthly posts of recipes. Feel free to comment, I would love to hear from you. Grab a cup of coffee. Sit back, relax and enjoy the aroma! Thanks for stopping by!
Josie

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Chicken Pico Soup

What do you do with all that Pico De Gallo that you made for the party the night before well, you make soup. At least that's what I thought I would do. Pico doesn't stay fresh very long and I thought it was a shame to have all that yummy pico go to waste so I started out with that in a sauce pan and I ended up with some very taste Chicken Pico Soup.



Ingredients

2 cups Pico De Gallo (Click here for a yummy homemade recipe)
2 cups grilled diced chicken
6 tbs butter (salted)
1/4 cup chicken broth
2 cup heavy cream
1 cup half an half
2 cup sharp cheese (grated)

Preparation

In sauce pan melt butter, then add pico, bring to boil and let simmer. Then add grilled chicken and chicken broth, and I added a little of the juice that was in with the pico de gallo. Let that simmer for about 5 minutes or so. Then transfer to a pot add heavy cream, and half and half. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer then add cheese stir until melted.

Serve with fresh rolls or crusty bread. This soup had so much flavor if you use the recipe here for the pico. Enjoy

0 comments:

View my Tasty Kitchen Profile

Meet the Cook

Hello my name is Josie, and I love to entertain. I love to get a recipe that I've never tried change it up a bit and serve it to family or a group of friends. I hope you enjoy what you discover here at Table Talk. Enjoy!!

Vistors

Site designed by Josie-all rights reserved. Please do not copy without permission.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP