Welcome to my new recipe blog where you will find daily, weekly, monthly posts of recipes. Feel free to comment, I would love to hear from you. Grab a cup of coffee. Sit back, relax and enjoy the aroma! Thanks for stopping by!
Josie

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Chili

Its been cold, or just raining dreary weather here so it just seemed right to make up a pot of chili. It was really good. I actually made it then stuck it in the fridge until the next day. Then just heat it up on the stove and serve. I think chili taste better if it sits over night. That's just me. You can cook this up and eat it the same night its great either way.



Photobucket

Ingredients

1 1/2 pounds of ground beef
1-8 ounce can tomato sauce
1 can pinto beans, drained
1 can dark kidney beans, drained
1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
1 can diced chili tomatoes
1 tsp. salt
1/4 cup masa
2 Tbs chili powder
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1 Tbs cumin
1 tsp oregano
3 cloves of garlic-pressed

In large pot place ground beef and garlic. Cook beef until brown then drain off any fat. Pour in the tomato sauce, and then add the oregano, cumin, cayenne pepper, chili powder, and salt. Stir together well, cover reduce heat to low and simmer for about an hour. Stir occasionally. About 1/2 hour after simmering you may need to add 1/2 cup of water. After an hour, place the masa in a small bowl. Add 1/2 cup water and stir together. Pour the masa mixture into the meat mixture. Stir together.

Now add your pinto beans, dark kidney beans, jalapeno, and diced tomatoes. Stir. Simmer for about 10 minutes.

Serve with cornbread. We also like to add shredded cheddar cheese and a tsp of sour cream on top of our individual bowls of chili. Enjoy!!

0 comments:

View my Tasty Kitchen Profile

Meet the Cook

Hello my name is Josie, and I love to entertain. I love to get a recipe that I've never tried change it up a bit and serve it to family or a group of friends. I hope you enjoy what you discover here at Table Talk. Enjoy!!

Vistors

Site designed by Josie-all rights reserved. Please do not copy without permission.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP