Welcome to my new recipe blog where you will find daily, weekly, monthly posts of recipes. Feel free to comment, I would love to hear from you. Grab a cup of coffee. Sit back, relax and enjoy the aroma! Thanks for stopping by!
Josie

Sunday, September 26, 2010

White Chicken Chili

Its been so long since I posted a recipe, I guess the summer months are not my creative cooking months.lol...Well, here in Texas today it reached down into the 70's so it was cool and it called for some warm you up kind of dinner. I threw this together rather quickly but these are my guesses on about how much to use. I hope you enjoy....cook up some yummy cornbread to go with it or some homemade tortilla's. Enjoy!!


White Chicken Chili

5 Tbs of Olive Oil
1/2 of yellow onion, finely chopped
1 can 7oz green chilies
3 Tbs of flour
3 tsp cumin
1 tsp white pepper
2 cans of Navy Beans
12 ounces of Chicken stock
2 1/2 cups of shredded chicken

Optional toppings:
crushed tortilla chips
shredded cheese
sour cream
salsa

In large pot, cook onions with olive oil for about 2-3 minutes till tender. Add chilies, flour and cumin, cook and stir. Add beans, white pepper,chicken broth, and chicken. Simmer for at least 20 minutes. Or if you are like me for several hours. I sometimes will cook the day before and let it sit in refrigerator because it just taste better the next. Garnish with your favorite toppings.

0 comments:

View my Tasty Kitchen Profile

Meet the Cook

Hello my name is Josie, and I love to entertain. I love to get a recipe that I've never tried change it up a bit and serve it to family or a group of friends. I hope you enjoy what you discover here at Table Talk. Enjoy!!

Vistors

Site designed by Josie-all rights reserved. Please do not copy without permission.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP