Welcome to my new recipe blog where you will find daily, weekly, monthly posts of recipes. Feel free to comment, I would love to hear from you. Grab a cup of coffee. Sit back, relax and enjoy the aroma! Thanks for stopping by!
Josie

Saturday, November 14, 2009

*Award* Winning Sweet Potato Pecan Pie

This is another must have at Thanksgiving time in our house. Sweet Potato Pecan Pie. You must try it. Well, you don't have to because I don't eat it either but my family loves it. Enjoy!


Filling Ingredients
1 (9") unbaked pie shell
1 lb Sweet Potatoes, cooked and peeled (about 2 medium)
3 1/2 tablespoons of real butter
14 oz sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon grated orange rind
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 eggs

Topping Ingredients
1 egg
3 tablespoons dark corn syrup
3 tablespoons light brown sugar
1 tablespoons real butter
1/2 teaspoon maple flavoring
1 cup pecans

Preheat oven to 350. In large bowl beat hot sweet potatoes with butter until smooth. Add remaining pie ingredients. Mix well. pour into pie shell. Bake for about 30 minutes. Until pie is set.

Mix topping ingredients together. Once pie has set remove from oven. Pour pecan topping evenly over top of pie. Bake for another 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown. I always test the middle by placing a toothpick in, if it comes out clean its done. Enjoy. Refrigerate leftovers.

0 comments:

View my Tasty Kitchen Profile

Meet the Cook

Hello my name is Josie, and I love to entertain. I love to get a recipe that I've never tried change it up a bit and serve it to family or a group of friends. I hope you enjoy what you discover here at Table Talk. Enjoy!!

Vistors

Site designed by Josie-all rights reserved. Please do not copy without permission.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP