Welcome to my new recipe blog where you will find daily, weekly, monthly posts of recipes. Feel free to comment, I would love to hear from you. Grab a cup of coffee. Sit back, relax and enjoy the aroma! Thanks for stopping by!
Josie

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Broccoli Cheese Soup

It was such a chilly day out today I decided to make some soup. I don't ever remember trying to make my own soup totally from scratch but it turned out really good. Rebecca and I were talking about Broccoli Cheese soup last night and it just sounded so good. If you try it I hope you enjoy it.



Ingredients
1 head of broccoli cut into 1"inch pieces
3 cans of chicken broth-32 ounces
4 tablespoons of real butter
2-3 green onions
1 tsp of black pepper
1 clove fresh garlic (pressed)
1 dash Cayenne pepper
4 tablespoons flour
2 cups of sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 cup half/half

In large pot bring to boil chicken broth, add broccoli. Boil until broccoli is tender. Once broccoli is done pour this mixture into large bowl. Set aside. Then in the large pot that you just used melt butter, then add chopped green onions. Brown onions/until tender. Add pepper, garlic, and cayenne pepper. Then add flour stir for about 1 minute. Then add broccoli mixture back into pot. Whisk together quickly to dissolve any clumps. Bring to boil, will thicken. Take off heat. With hand mixer, blend to desired texture. Return pot to heat, add cheese and half/half. Mix together. Serve.

0 comments:

View my Tasty Kitchen Profile

Meet the Cook

Hello my name is Josie, and I love to entertain. I love to get a recipe that I've never tried change it up a bit and serve it to family or a group of friends. I hope you enjoy what you discover here at Table Talk. Enjoy!!

Vistors

Site designed by Josie-all rights reserved. Please do not copy without permission.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP